Hartness is committed to customer-back innovation and has been reaching out into the marketplace to understand the challenges that exist running shrink ovens or tunnels for producing multi packs. Over and over we heard the need for an energy efficient oven that would consistently produce a uniform tight package. Now, that is exactly what the new Hartness shrink tunnel delivers.
Typically tunnels or ovens blow air producing a turbulence that makes the plastic film flutter as it is heated. The exact opposite happens in the new Hartness tunnel. In this oven, air flows in parallel layers in a smooth laminar path resulting in precisely controlled shrinking.
Hence the tunnel’s name : The Hartness Laminar Air Flow Shrink Tunnel, or simply the Laminar Tunnel.
- Highly efficient constant pressure plenum
- Patent-pending laminar air flow
- Air cooled “oven cam” allows a view inside the tunnel from the HMI
- Simplified changeovers – there are no air blades or changeover points
- Floor level access to mechanical components